Monday, June 29, 2009

Letter to Charlie Bolden

Dear General Bolden,

Here is a copy of my book on what happened to me at JSC. Kenneth told me you know a little about the situation. Unfortunately it is not fiction. I wish it was. You have my permission to use any or all of the story, including the sensitive medical information. I would recommend you out source all EAP at NASA ASAP. I have done some research and most in-house EAP programs are not well suited to treat the stress of being bullied at work. They tend to label the victim as “mentally ill” rather than treat a very normal reaction to the stress of being bullied. With a better EAP program at JSC, I would have had no trouble.

My story is so strange you might not believe it. If you have seen “The Changeling”, my story is similar.

My favorite line from the book is:

I thought I would see how much Greg [my NASA supervisor] knew about my divorce case. I asked him point blank, “Do you think they would have erased my memory if my father had said yes?” He lowered his head and said, “Yes.”


I get chills every time I read this. Maybe I am delusional about all this, but to this day my father tells me he immediately developed a plan for my escape to international waters in the Gulf of Mexico to protect me from what NASA EAP was doing to me. He realized he couldn’t even trust the judges around Houston.

You might also want to take a look at thrust oscillation in the Ares I Project when you take over NASA. Jeff Hanley is a great guy, but I think over his head running such a large design program. Most people would be. I know I would. I have heard from many sources the expert engineers in Ares still have issues with Ares thrust oscillation, but Steve Cook is apparently not allowing them to even speak among themselves (research the June Thrust Oscillation TIM at Ames) on how to solve this problem. And it is a big problem. It can cause the stack to disintegrate “instantly” – no hope for escape. The nature of the beast is also such it might get by a couple of flight tests and show up after Ares/Orion is manned.

Humbly yours,

Danny Deger

1 comment:

  1. hello danny, please post something so we know you are still around

    ReplyDelete